Consultancy Sales & Business Development Manager
3E is a leading technology company active in renewable energy with 20 years of history. Our HQ office is situated in the center of Brussels and our colleagues operate internationally from our offices in Paris, Toulouse, Barcelona, Chennai and Cape Town.
After 20 years of driving the energy market transformation through innovation, 3E is prepared to continue leading an energy future where digitalisation and data intelligence will pave the way to reach the world’s ambitious targets for renewable and sustainable energy. In this new paradigm, 3E has set a determined strategic plan for the upcoming years to further expand our market position, accelerate growth and reinforce 3E as the leading brand in the renewable energy sector. SynaptiQ, our SaaS (Software as a Service) digital platform manages over 10 GW of assets worldwide.
3E provides expert services covering the whole lifecycle of any Renewable Energy project to support project developers, owners, asset managers, operators, investors, lenders and policymakers.
What you will be doing
3E seeks to achieve a true break-through for its consultancy business in France, supported via onboarding a passionate Sales & Business Development Manager.
As such, you are the main point of contact with the key stakeholders in the French renewable energy market, proactively identifying, pursuing and landing new opportunities to achieve the ambitious growth expected for 3E’s Consultancy business in France.
The position will be based in Paris and will require the candidate to travel nationally and internationally from time to time.
The ideal candidate has a background within the wind and/or solar consultancy business, brings an existing network, a proven track-record of successful business development and sales, and is heavily committed to further growing the 3E business with an innovative mindset.
Your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Identify most relevant opportunities in the French solar and wind market for 3E’s consultancy service.
- Stay fully informed and know in detail the different market dynamics and mechanisms that impact the development, financing, construction, operation or transaction of solar or wind assets in France.
- Create a detailed Sales Plan to achieve the sales growth targets for 2021 and the strategic vision of 2023.
- Ensure you achieve the necessary level ofcredibility with the decision makers in the main stakeholders of the French Renewable Energy players.
- Understand and anticipate each client’s needs and translate this into a business opportunity.
- Prepare, send and follow-up the technical-economic proposals for the clients.
- Accompany the clients from lead identification up to contract signature, ensuring a professional and smooth transition into 3E’s Operation teams.
- Strictly and promptly follow 3E’s reporting policies and procedures (SAP, CRM, meeting notes, etc.)
- Stay very close to any business opportunity, prospect and/or client that can represent an upselling opportunity for another 3E regional office or business unit.
Our ideal candidate
- You are a hunter and a networker with a proven ability to close deals
- You hold an Engineering degree.
- Your verbal and written communication skills in French and English are top-notch.
- Excellent understanding of the French renewable energy sector, with an extensive network, notably IPP’s, project developers, lenders and investment funds.
- Previous experience with technical advisory and/or owner’s engineering business in the renewable energy sector.
- Balanced Business Development (lead generation) and Sales (contract signing) profile.
- Project management skills to support colleagues through the execution of complex projects, especially while the hand-over phase after signature of the contract.
- Proven success in closing deals resulting in a significant impact within the organisations.
- 7 - 10 years working experience, preferably in Consultancy within the Renewable Energy sector in a Business Development or Sales position.
What gives you extra points:
- Knowledge of Spanish, Dutch or Portuguese languages.
- Experience and network in the DOM-TOM and African French speaking countries within the renewable energy market.
- Previous experience in managing projects from development to operation, including successful financial close of utility scale projects.
What we offer in return
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers:
- Attractive fixed + variable salary package in line with your level of experience.
- Flexible working /Home office.
- An international environment: projects in over 60 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.