Site Reliability Engineer
3E is a leading technology company active in renewable energy with 20 years of history. Our HQ office is situated in the center of Brussels and our colleagues operate internationally from our offices in Paris, Toulouse, Barcelona, Chennai and Cape Town.
After 20 years of driving the energy market transformation through innovation, 3E is prepared to continue leading an energy future where digitalisation and data intelligence will pave the way to reach the world’s ambitious targets for renewable and sustainable energy. In this new paradigm, 3E has set a determined strategic plan for the upcoming years to further expand our market position, accelerate growth and reinforce 3E as the leading brand in the renewable energy sector.
SynaptiQ, our SaaS (Software as a Service) digital platform, manages over 20 GW of assets contracted worldwide and we provide expert services covering the whole lifecycle of any Renewable Energy project to support project developers, owners, asset managers, operators, investors, lenders and policymakers.
OUR SAAS SOLUTION
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 5 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide. )
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
As our operations are expanding, we are looking for a talented DevOps manager to support us on the design, development and maintenance of our hybrid cloud-based and on-premise infrastructures. You will take ownership and coordinate infrastructure-related projects for our SynaptiQ and R&D department application platforms.
- You define the roadmap of the service infrastructure, and you budget for capacity, reliability, security, and scalability according to business objectives.
- You structure service deployment automation in a dynamic big-data SaaS environment.
- You coordinate the internal and external teams for the execution of the DevOps roadmap.
- You take ownership on the SLA on services uptime and performance by coordinating activities with the on-call teams.
- Supporting developers with running services reliably in production
- Coordinating subcontractors work for infrastructure related projects
- OS: Linux CentOS and Debian
- Platforms: VMWare, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform.
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, CheckMk
- CI/CD : Gitlab, Azure DevOps, Integrating new tools, CI/CD capabilities and cloud services to the infrastructure
- Databases: MySQL, InfluxDB.
Programming languages: Bash, Python, Java.
Our ideal candidate
You are an open minded team player with good communication skills who enjoys challenges and growing a product to the next level.
You have an innovative mindset, finding the right balance between state of art, reliability and cost efficiency.
- You have experience in managing DevOps activities in a dynamic SaaS environment.
- You can reason about the end-to-end performance of the service infrastructure and provide feedback to developers.
- You have experience in coordinating internal and external teams in accordance to roadmap and budget.
- You have hand-on experience on a major part of the technologies involved.
- You prove to accelerate developer’s workflows and productivity with tools, systems, and processes.
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers:
- A job with responsibility, trust and growth opportunities right from the start
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), representation allowance and company mobile phone, 32 days of vacation, a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility, open-minded company.
- Home working (2 days a week)
- An international environment: projects in over 40 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.