Junior DevOps Engineer
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of ren ewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
3E is looking for a talented and ambitious junior DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer to join a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists and engineers that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
Your daily tasks will consist of - but are not limited to - :
- Support of application developers and system architects to ease the continuous deployment and integration of their services on hybrid infrastructures (on-premises and Cloud)
- Gain a good understanding of the service architecture of the platform, together with its monitoring and alerting infrastructure to ensure it meets its service level objectives.
- Develop the tools to assist our L1 support team to react to errors, collect performance metrics and automate the configuration of renewable assets.
- Investigate technical issues beyond the reach of L1 and propose improvements either in the form of bug-fixes, new monitoring dashboards and alerts, or deeper infrastructure improvements.
- Participate actively to troubleshooting and on-call duty activities.
Our ideal candidate
Our new junior DevOps engineer is expected to have a good background in systems and application development, good communication skills and an affinity for troubleshooting. You have a natural inclination to automate tasks and can take responsibilities in ensuring the smooth operations of systems and services.
We are looking for you if:
- you hold a master’s or bachelor’s degree in IT
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
- You are familiar with Linux and its command line interface so you can quickly learn to deploy services and troubleshoot availability or performance issues
- You can develop scripts in Bash and/or Python with the goal to develop custom automation and service orchestration scripts.
- There's eagerness to learn and drive best GitOps/DevOps practices using tools like Git, Docker, Ansible and Terraform.
- You are interested to learn and implement best practices in Site Reliability Engineering.
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- On-call allowance
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- Home working (2 days per week)
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.