Expert Wind Consultant
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
In order to consolidate, organise and develop our activities in the wind energy sector, we are looking for a senior wind expert.
Your main responsibilities will be carrying out wind resource assessment and long-term energy yield assessment studies to assess the potential production/revenues of wind farm projects under development or reaching Financial Close:
As an Expert Consultant you will report to the team leader of our Resource Assessment Team and work closely with all the wind experts. Your tasks will consist of:
- Quality control and analysis of meteorological and operational data
- Performing wind data analysis and energy production estimates based on both meteorological mast or operational data
- Carrying out site suitability assessment studies according to IEC
- Performing technical feasibility studies for potential projects at a very early stage in development
- Design and optimization of wind turbine layouts
- Creating tools or upgrading existing analysis tools with Python for SCADA data mining purpose and meteorological data processing
- Liaising with customers in technical aspects and contributing to business development activities
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone with good communication skills and who is willing to grow in this role. We have a fantastic team and lots of talents within 3E, so asking advice and working together is very much appreciated. Taking responsibility over your own learning and being open to/ ask for feedback are welcomed.
We would love to find a new colleague with:
- a Graduate Degree in Engineering, or Data Sciences, Environmental or Atmospheric Science, Meteorology, Mathematics, Physics or similar field of study
- at least 5 years of experience on wind data analysis techniques
- a critical mindset
- proficiency in Python
- familiarity with WAsP, WindPRO
- proficiency in MS Office (Word/Excel)
- strong overall computer skills and ability to learn multiple software tools
- strong statistical analysis skills
- very good organizational skills, able to manage multiple jobs simultaneously, on time, budget and quality
- excellent reading, writing and speaking skills in English
- a drivers license B
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with GIS tools and/or AutoCAD
- Proficiency in WAsP Engineering and a CFD software (preferably MeteoDyn WT)
- French, Dutch, Spanish
What we offer in return
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Salary package in line with your level of experience, that varies depending on the country of employment.
- The opportunity to further develop yourself in a great team of experts
- Flexible working/Home office.
- An international environment with projects in over 100 countries worldwide and colleagues of 20 nationalities.