Senior PV Consultant
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
To anchor our leading market position, we are looking for an experienced solar expert to join our South Africa team.
You'll be working across teams, technical advisory & owners engineering to be precise, while providing technical guidance to our international customers. Physically you'll be working from our office in Cape Town with your colleague engineers and regional manager, with the possibility to work a few days a week from home.
You will quickly act as SPOC towards our customers and take up the end responsibility in delivering consultancy projects. Typical services in which you will be involved are:
- Managing technical due diligence assignments and guiding customers throughout the financial close phase;
- Managing the EPC & O&M tender preparation and following contract negotiations;
- Leading feasibility studies;
- Reviewing overall project design and suggesting potential improvements;
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for you if you:
- are passionate about renewables and you have spent at least a part of your career within the renewable energy sector
- are independent and eager to take up new challenges
- like interaction with customers and you bring a commercial flair
- you bring an open and flexible mindset
You mix all of the above with healthy ambition and a team playing mindset.
Of course, there are some non-negotiables:
- You hold a bachelors engineering degree, preferably in electrical engineering
- You are a South African resident or hold a valid permit to work here
- You are used to dealing with financial institutions (lenders, investors, equity providers,…) and IPP, EPC/O&M contractors
- You have about 7 years of experience working in (engineering) consultancy of which minimum of 3 years within the renewable energy sector
- You are fluent in English, spoken as well as written
- You have experience working with PV Syst, AutoCad, MS Office
- You are willing to travel for project work
Bonus points for:
- Other languages, French in particular
- Experience with Power System analysis software (DigSILENT)
- You have experience in taking projects to financial close
- Experience within the wind energy sector
What we offer in return
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Salary in line with your level of experience
- Salary package: laptop, medical aid allowance (R.2500), phone allowance (R.650), 18 leave days (24 after 1 year of service), 13th month (end of year bonus)
- Flexible working hours /Home office.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.