Business Development Manager | Iberia & Latam
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
3E seeks to achieve a true break-through for its consultancy business in Iberia & Latam with strong initial focus in Spain, supported via onboarding a passionate Sales & Business Development Manager.
As such, you are the main point of contact with the key stakeholders in the Iberian renewable energy market, proactively identifying, pursuing and landing new opportunities to achieve the ambitious growth expected for 3E’s Consultancy business in Spain.
The position will be based in Barcelona or Madrid and will require national and international travel from time to time.
Our ideal candidate has a background within the wind and/or solar consultancy business, brings an existing network, a proven track-record of successful business development and sales, and is heavily committed to further growing the 3E business with an innovative mindset.
Your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Identify most relevant opportunities in the Iberian solar and wind market for 3E’s consultancy service.
- Stay fully informed and know in detail the different market dynamics and mechanisms that impact the development, financing, construction, operation or transaction of solar or wind assets in Spain.
- Ensure you achieve the necessary level of credibility with the decision makers in the main stakeholders of the Iberian Renewable Energy players.
- Understand and anticipate each client’s needs and translate this into a business opportunity.
- Prepare, send and follow-up the technical-economic proposals for the clients.
- Accompany our clients from lead identification up to contract signature, ensuring a professional and smooth transition into 3E’s Operation teams.
- Strictly and promptly follow 3E’s reporting policies and procedures (SAP, CRM, meeting notes, etc.)
- Stay very close to any business opportunity, prospect and/or client that can represent an upselling opportunity for another 3E regional office or business unit.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for a born hunter and networker with a proven ability to close deals, resulting in a significant impact within the organisations where you worked. You balance Business Development (lead generation) and Sales (contract signing) beautifully and thrive in an international and dynamic organisation.
- You hold an Engineering degree.
- Your verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English are top-notch.
- Excellent understanding of the Iberian renewable energy sector, with an extensive network, notably IPP’s, project developers, lenders and investment funds.
- You have previous experience with technical advisory and/or owner’s engineering business in the renewable energy sector.
- You come with project management skills to support colleagues through the execution of complex projects, especially while the hand-over phase after signature of the contract.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in Consultancy within the Renewable Energy sector in a Business Development or Sales position.
What gives you extra points:
- Knowledge of Spanish, Portuguese or French languages.
- Experience and network in the DOM-TOM and Latin American countries within the renewable energy market.
- Previous experience in managing projects from development to operation, including successful financial close of utility scale projects.
What we offer in return
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Salary package in line with your level of experience, company mobile phone & subscription, laptop, reimbursement of public transport, coverage of professional hotel & travel costs.
- Career grow potential within a fast expanding company
- Flexible working /Home office.
- An international environment with projects in over 100 countries worldwide and colleagues of more than 20 nationalities.