3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
3E is expanding internationally and is rapidly growing its worldwide customer base. To strengthen the relation with our customers, we are looking for a Legal Counsel who can draft and negotiate win-win contracts. In this job, you will be working closely together with the sales team, the product/consultancy team and the customer in finding the best possible legal agreements.
Your tasks will include but are not limited to:
- You will draft, review, negotiate and follow-up business contracts with customers and partners.
- You will advise on legal risks and the legal liabilities associated with the contracts while providing alternative solutions.
- You will collaborate closely with sales, product and operations teams to provide clarification on legal language and propose alternatives.
- You will deal with complex legal and business matters with multiple stakeholders and forces inside and outside the organisation.
- You will ensure compliance with the internal control mechanisms, regulations, applicable legal requirements and other formalities.
- You will create contract templates/clauses/processes that accelerate scalability and flexibility of the organisation.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for an experienced legal person who enjoys understanding our business, is entrepreneurial in getting things done and is always looking for win-win solutions.
Of course, there are some non-negotiables:
- You have a law degree from a recognised university in Europe and know Belgian law.
- You have 8+ years of experience gained in a law firm and/or in-house-lawyer, focussing on commercial law and business contracts, preferably in the IT and consultancy sector.
- You have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- You enjoy understanding a company’s business and can balance business versus legal priorities.
- You have excellent organisational, prioritisation and time-management skills.
- You have strong win-win negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues.
- You are eager to learn/explore the legal particularities of different countries.
- You have a high degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch/French.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in advising technical consulting and/or SaaS businesses.
- Any other language (e.g. Spanish).
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- Home working (2 days per week)
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.