3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
Operating and designing a pipeline that can process a high amount of versatile time-series data and protocols in near real time is a contemporary challenge in terms of performance, scalability, maintainability and flexibility.
So far, 3E developers pride themselves in having architected and developed a competitive data processing pipeline that is lean, efficient, scalable and that can be operated by a small team.
The entire platform takes advantages of several programming languages and runtime environments such as Python, Bash, MySQL, Java, Clojure and Common Lisp. We like to refer to it as “energy efficient software with very low carbon emission footprint”.
To reinforce our talented development team we are looking for a passionate developer that has a heart for Lisp. Writing elegant, clean code is your thing and you are not afraid to pick things up fast and be proactive in a team. Someone creative and innovative is welcome – we embrace new technologies where they can be applied and make sense.
Your tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Your focus is on the implementation and testing of SynaptiQ's REST API that is Clojure based, and its support towards SynaptiQ User Interface development in React
- You assist in the design of the architecture of the API
- You develop Clojure code that binds the back-end to the API
- You take part in code reviews on related software services developed by the team
- You contribute to the overall software architecture discussions
Our ideal candidate
To take this important place in the team we are looking for someone with strong development skills in Clojure. An enthusiastic team player with good written and oral communication skills is exactly what we are looking for!
Troubleshooting and problem solving is part of the game and stepping out of your comfort zone to learn new things is very welcomed. We would appreciate someone who can think technically with us from the start, setting out a roadmap and different scenarios from architecture to deployment. Proactivity is encouraged throughout the company.
What we are looking for in our new Clojure Developer:
- You have a Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electronics or similar with at least 8 years' work experience in an operational environment
- Hands-on experience or strong affinity with REPL based development in Clojure or other Lisp dialects
- Familiarity with Web Technologies
- Team player with good communication skills
- You fluently speak English
Bonus points for:
- Any other languages
- Prior experience with functional languages like Haskell or Scala
- Experience with front-end development in React
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
We work in a distributed team. This position is remote friendly, with possibility to travel to Brussels office from time to time.
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.