3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
We are looking for a bright and motivated engineer to undertake the onboarding of new wind farms into our SynaptiQ platform.
Our Operations Team is the engine of our fast-growing wind analytics solution which improves the performance of wind farms. You will be fueling that engine to boost our speed!
As an Operations Engineer:
- You will connect and configure new wind farms to our SynaptiQ platform and ensure a healthy data collection.
- You will be the primary contact for new clients while onboarding them into our SynaptiQ platform.
- You will collaborate with internal teams (i.e. wind experts) to deliver wind analytics to the clients.
- You will be at the centre of the solution bridging between clients, development, analysts, and product management.
- You will understand clients' needs and translate this into a good technical solution.
- You will support the clients in getting the most out of their usage of SynaptiQ.
- You will propose creative solutions to improve or automate internal tools and processes.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for a problem solver who prefers day-to-day challenges over straightforward tasks. You are quick learner who wants to progress on both wind energy technology and SaaS technology, and who enjoys being in communication with different teams. If you are an IT-enthusiast who wants to contribute to the protection of the environment, this position is exactly right for you!
What’s important for us:
- You have a degree in electrical, IT or telecommunication engineering.
- You have at least 1 year of relevant experience, however smart young graduates are also welcomed to apply!
- You have strong analytical skills to analyse data flows through FTP, API or SQL Data collectors, UI dashboards etc.
- You have strong communication skills, are proactive and have a customer-oriented mindset to guarantee a good customer success story.
- You have basic knowledge of monitoring and communication equipment. With a hands-on approach, you can support our customers offsite and on-site in the design, installation and commissioning of the datalogging solutions.
- You have a critical mind to improve continuously the ongoing processes and documentation.
- You are interested in SaaS products, and you are not afraid to dig into it.
- You are proficient in English and ideally Dutch or French.
What gives you extra points:
- Knowledge of communication protocols (i.e., OPC-UA or IEC-MMS).
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems.
- Scripting language to automate daily tasks.
- Working experience with MySQL or other relational database management system.
- Knowledge of wind turbine technologies.
- Reporting skills (e.g. FlexiReport, PowerBI).
- Knowledge of any additional language (e.g. Spanish).
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- Home working (2 days per week)
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.