Technical Support Engineer L1
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
Due to a growing portfolio connected to our SaaS platform, SynaptiQ, we are looking for a motivated L1 Technical Support Engineer that will assist us in maintaining our happy customer base. You will play a key role in customer satisfaction and be a reference in the SynaptiQ network for all operational interactions.
Your tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
- You assist with the helpdesk and ticketing system, perform offsite and on-site analysis and guidance in installation of equipment.
- You understand clients' needs and translate this into a good technical solution.
- You support the clients in getting the most out of their usage of SynaptiQ.
- You take a client and business-oriented approach while focusing on optimal communication, processes and project management.
- You assist the onboarding team with the deployment of assets into the SynaptiQ platform.
- You propose creative solutions to improve or automate internal tools and processes, discuss development roadmap, and implement solutions.
Over time, you can grow into becoming a presales and onboarding expert for SynaptiQ. In that role you will be responsible to understand top prospect’s needs and translate those into SynaptiQ’s Unique Selling Points (USPs). Furthermore, you will be onboarding new clients into the platform, while making sure they adopt the solution to its full extend. You will work on the centre point between sales, operations and development.
If you prefer to expand your career into a deeper technical role, another option is to grow into an L2 Technical Support Engineer dealing with more complex issues escalated from Level 1.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone with excellent analysis and communication skills. You enjoy listening to customers to understand their needs and translate that into actions. You have a sense for urgency and can translate ideas into concrete action. You are able to work proactively and independently which doesn’t take away the fact that you follow internal procedures and processes. A curious and positive mindset, always reflecting on how we can make things easier/better will get you a long way!
What’s important for us:
- You hold an Engineering degree.
- You have strong analytical skills to analyse data flows through FTP, API or SQL Data collectors, UI dashboards etc.
- You have strong communication skills, are proactive and have a customer-oriented mindset to guarantee a good customer success story.
- You have a critical mind to improve continuously the ongoing processes and documentation.
- You are interested in SaaS products, and you are not afraid to dig into it.
- You are proficient in English.
What gives you extra points:
- Knowledge of French and/or Dutch.
- Previous experience within the renewable energy sector.
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems.
- Scripting language to automate daily tasks.
- Knowledge of monitoring and communication equipment. With a hands-on approach, you can support our customers offsite and on-site in the design, installation and commissioning of the datalogging solutions.
- Working experience with MySQL or other relational database management system.
- Reporting skills (e.g. FlexiReport, PowerBI).
What we offer in return
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience.
- If you work from Brussels, the salary package includes group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, 100% reimbursement of public transport or bicycle allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- If you work from Cape Town, the salary package includes laptop, medical aid allowance (R.2500), phone allowance (R.650), 18 leave days (24 after 1 year of service), 13th month (end of year bonus).
- Training on the job by our experts so you get to know our solution and work in and out.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- Home working (2 days per week)
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.