3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
To achieve ambitious quality goals in the scope of the growth and expansion of our SynaptiQ platform, 3E is looking for a new QA Engineer. For this position, we are looking for a new colleague that will preferably work onsite in Brussels.
As a member of the SynaptiQ QA Team, you will share the challenge of leveraging and consolidating the quality of the deliverables by taking ownership of the test strategies and test plans.
Your tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Acquire knowledge of business, applications as well as user needs and expectations in order to establish most relevant test strategies and scenarios.
- Identify and document test scope from software specification review process.
- Establish tests approach from provided application requirements and design documents.
- Redact Test Cases and provide appropriate Test Data to populate test plans.
- Manage the tests efficiency by documenting the results of each test cycle to identify flaws.
- Run diagnostic of test results and presenting the information to the relevant stakeholders.
- Review and assess the specification quality to ensure relevant test feasibility.
- Interact and coordinating with the development team ensuring that effective functional tests are conducted.
- Identify and improve functions and components in manual and automated test scenarios.
- Understand and implement industry standards and protocols.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate comes with a proven record of experience working with computer software and testing. It shows excellent analytical and diagnostical skills. Above-average planning and organizational skills and attention to detail.
What we are looking for in our new QA Engineer:
- You have a Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electronics or similar with at least 3 years' work experience of which the most part in a Quality Acceptance or Software Tester position.
- You can think outside of the box and like to understand the platforms and domain as a whole.
- You can track and write articulate reports on technical assessments.
- You have Scrum Master skills and ability to conduct continuous improvement.
- Automated Test Frameworks like Robot Framework, Selenium, … have no secret for you.
- You are an experienced user of Test Management Tools like XRAY, TestLink,…
- You have used Project Tracking Software as JIRA, RedMine,…
- You know about Version Control Systems (ex: Git).
- You fluently speak English.
Bonus points for:
- You have ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Certificate in software testing or similar.
- You are familiarity with Renewables Energy Sector, IoT, OT.
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
We work in a distributed team, but request flexibility to travel to Brussels office/meeting location on a frequent basis (few days per month).
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.