Technical Project Manager
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
As part of the CTO office, you will be tasked with managing greenfield projects, either for internal or external stakeholders. These projects are mostly integration projects (integrating our product into the customer eco-system) and larger internal projects which require coordination (eg: deployment of large customer's infrastructure, etc)
You will manage these projects end-to-end: understand & protect scope, inform stakeholders, drive the internal technical teams (1-4 people), manage the budget, and report on progress to the CTO.
- Manage the planning, execution, and delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget
- Communicate project status and progress to stakeholders
- Identify and manage project risks and issues
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams and manage integration projects with customers
Our ideal candidate
What we are looking for in our new Project Manager:
- You have at least 5 years of experience as (technical) project manager
- You demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills
- You have a scientific education (Computer Science preferred)
- You have experience with hands-on development in an IT environment (any stack)
- You bring practical experience with Scrum/Kanban or other agile methodologies
You have conceptual knowledge of:
- IoT technology: telecommunication aspects (IP networks, challenges with remote sites, firewall configuration and routing)
- Integration challenges: REST API's, SSO & other security aspects
- IT Infrastructure concepts (backups, SAN, …)
Bonus points for:
Conceptual knowledge or familiarity with:
- Industrial Automation/IIoT protocols (OPC-UA, MMS, IEC104, IEC68750, …) and concepts (Historian, OEE,…)
- Data analytics concepts and validation cycles
- Energy Grid, Renewables, …
- AWS or other cloud service providers' offering
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
We work in a distributed team, but request flexibility to travel to Brussels office/meeting location on a frequent basis (few days per month).
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- Home working.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.