IIoT Platform Architect
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
We are seeking a highly skilled IIoT Solution Architect to join our SaaS renewables energy company.
The ideal candidate will have experience designing and building data pipelines, ETL processes, and clustering systems to support large volumes of data.
They will also have experience with IIoT data ingression, including (S)FTP(S), MQTT, and industrial protocols, as well as experience with structured data, time series databases, data warehousing, and PowerBI.
Our ideal candidate
What we are looking for in our new Platform Architect:
- You're able to simplify and structure
- You have excellent communication and leadership skills
- You correlate/translate business value to technology choices
- You design and develop data pipelines and ETL processes to support large volumes of data
- You have experience with implementing IIoT data ingression solutions using FTP(S), MQTT, and industrial protocols
- You can work with structured data, time series databases, and data warehousing technologies
- You design and implement digital twin/physical modelling analytics solutions
- You have a scientific education (Computer science preferred)
- 5yrs + hands-on experience in software development
You bring knowledge of:
- IoT technology, such as MQTT, websockets, data pipelines
- Security frameworks: Security-by-design, E2E IoT (CIA framework), SSO (OpenID Connect), OWASP SAMM, …
- Deployment concepts (Infra-as-Code, K8S/EKS, Docker, microservices, Serverless execution, …)
Extra bonus points for knowledge of / experience with:
- Real time systems, caching (Redis), Distributed in-memory databases
- Other (hybrid) Cloud concepts (API GW, WAF, …)
- Data analytics primer: statistics, multidimensional data structures
- Big data concepts
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of Green coding
- Experience with Industrial Automation/IIoT protocols (OPC-UA, MMS, IEC104, IEC68750, …) and concepts (Historian, OEE)
- Knowledge of Energy Grid, Renewables, …
- Experience with AWS or other cloud technologies
- Experience with one or more data engineering and data science tools
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
We work in a distributed team, but request flexibility to travel to Brussels office/meeting location on a frequent basis (few days per month).
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), eco vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone + subscription, 32 days of vacation and a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- Home working.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.