Senior Sales Manager | Saas
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
- satellite imaging data,
- meteorological modelling,
- advanced system modelling,
- machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
To achieve our ambitious goals in the sales of SynaptiQ in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Poland, 3E is looking for a new Senior Sales Manager!
In this role, you will be responsible for targeting and closing deals with the largest energy companies in your region, facilitated by your sector knowledge and contacts. Your network and understanding of the renewable energy market and stakeholders will back you up in your hunting strategies and allow you to handle the sales process from A-Z.
Your tasks will include, but are not limited to
- Identifying top opportunities in your European renewable energy market for 3E’s SaaS business.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with C-level professionals and ensure you achieve the necessary level of credibility with the decision makers in the main stakeholders of the European Renewable Energy players.
- Understanding and anticipating each client’s needs and translate this into a business opportunity and create technical-economic proposals.
- Accompanying the clients from lead identification up to contract signature and upselling.
- Staying fully informed and knowing in detail the different market dynamics and mechanisms that impact the usage and sales of SaaS solutions.
- Creating an ambitious Sales Plan to achieve the sales growth targets for 2023 and the strategic vision for the coming years.
Our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate comes with a proven track-record of successful business development and sales in SaaS digital products and is heavily committed to further growing the 3E business with an innovative mindset. Other than that:
- You are a networker and deal closer with a proven track record of significant impact within your previous experiences
- Excellent understanding of SaaS solutions business principles and good understanding of SaaS technological aspects.
- You hold an Engineering degree, combined with an MBA is a plus.
- Your verbal and written communication skills in English and German are top-notch.
- Excellent understanding of the European renewable energy sector, with an extensive network, notably IPP’s, Asset Manager, Asset Owners, EPC, O&M, project developers and investment funds.
- You combine balanced Business Development (lead generation) with Sales (contract signing), not being afraid to ask the killer question.
- You have 10 years working experience, of which the most part in a Business Development or Sales position, enabling you to understand and address the C-Level suite of the major European energy companies.
What gives you extra points:
- Knowledge of any other European languages (e.g. Polish).
- Previous experience with advanced marketing lead generation techniques in SaaS digital products selling.
What we offer in return
In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience.
- Flexibility in our open-minded company.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.