SaaS Linux Infra Manager
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
Our SaaS solution
SynaptiQ is 3E’s SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios (more information on http://www.3e.eu/synaptiq). SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 20 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe.
We develop and operate advanced analytical services to enrich the monitoring data by:
satellite imaging data,
advanced system modelling,
machine learning & artificial intelligence.
The platform combines domains related to big data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers.
What you will be doing
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced SaaS Linux Infrastructure Manager to oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of our on-premise infrastructures. This role requires close collaboration with various teams, such as Development, QA, and Product Management. You will report to our CTO and lead a team of skilled infrastructure professionals. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in on-premise infrastructure management with an inclination to help prepare for a future cloud migration.
Leadership and Collaboration:
- Manage and lead the SaaS Linux Infrastructure team, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to align infrastructure strategies with business objectives and product roadmaps.
- Drive a culture of automation, monitoring, and best practices across all aspects of the infrastructure lifecycle.
SaaS Infrastructure Management:
- Develop and maintain a strategic plan for the architecture and maintenance of our on-premise SaaS infrastructure.
- Ensure high availability, reliability, and performance of our infrastructure to meet business requirements.
- Monitor and optimize Linux-based systems for improved performance and resource utilization.
Automation and Deployment:
- Design, implement, and manage infrastructure automation tools and processes for seamless service deployment and management.
- Collaborate with the development team to establish best practices for software deployment and delivery in the production environment.
- Implement monitoring and alerting solutions to proactively detect and resolve infrastructure issues.
- Maintain and enhance our on-premise infrastructure to meet evolving business needs.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans for the on-premise environment.
- Prepare and strategize for a potential cloud migration in the future, ensuring that the current infrastructure is designed with future scalability and adaptability in mind.
Documentation and Communication:
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation of infrastructure design, processes, and procedures for knowledge sharing and efficient onboarding of new team members.
- Effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Lead team meetings and retrospectives to encourage open communication, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
Our ideal candidate
You are an open minded team player with a proactive & problem solving attitude who enjoys challenges and growing our infrastructure to the next level.
- A master's degree in IT, Computer Science, Electronics, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Linux-based SaaS infrastructure roles, with at least 2-3 years in a management capacity.
- Strong expertise in Linux administration, optimization, and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with on-premise infrastructure management.
- Proficiency in containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Prior experience in the renewable energy sector.
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Salary package in line with your level of experience, company mobile phone & subscription, laptop.
- Flexible working /Home office.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.