Renewable Energy Engineer
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
To consolidate and further develop its consultancy activities, 3E is looking for a renewable energy engineer to be a part of our multidisciplinary team of renewable energy experts in the Barcelona office.
You will work as a PV engineer, with your main focus on the different activities related to the design stage of a PV project. You will assist 3E’s clients while assessing the suitability of a project site, preparing the technical drawings needed for permit application and later on, construction, preparation of tender documents for EPC contracting and so on. You will also work on technical advisory projects in the PV domain. You will gradually grow into a project manager role, being exposed also to other phases of a renewable energy project, including construction and operational activities.
At first your responsibilities will be to deliver technical drawings and calculation notes for the design of solar projects in and outside of Spain.
Next to that you will gradually evolve towards performing other technical assessments, either from the office or during site inspections:
- Solar irradiation, performance and energy production assessments
- Support and analyse technology choices; identify technical risks and recommend mitigation measures
- Perform technical feasibility studies for potential solar projects
- Perform site inspections before, during and after construction of the projects
- Perform site inspections during the commissioning and operational phase of the projects
As a consultant you will either work as an expert on a project managed by one of your colleagues or you will take the role of project manager yourself.
As a project manager you are responsible for the communication with your client, potential other stakeholders and your colleagues, for managing the budget and planning of the project and for its timely and qualitative delivery.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone focused and very organised, with the right maturity and seniority to tackle projects right off the bat!
Dedicated to problem solving and with a strong work ethic, you also have abilities for conflict resolution with innovative thinking.
To succesfully fill this position and reinforce our team, we'd need the following skills and qualities:
- You have a masters degree in engineering or equivalent through experience
- You read, write and speak fluently in English and Spanish
- You have a first working experience of 2 to 3 years in the solar industry within an international environment with experience inproject design, project development and/or construction
- You have worked on the detailed engineering of renewable energy projects before
- You have experience in electrical design and design softwares (PV Case, AutoCAD, SketchUp)
- You have the mindset of a consultant: you are client-oriented, dynamic and a quick learner.
- You are team oriented and open to travel regularly for short or midterm periods to project sites in Spain, Portugal or Latin America.
- You have strong communication & project management skills.
- You are eligible to work in Spain
Bonus points for:
- An electrical background!
- Technologies: High Voltage systems, Experience in construction, knowledge of International Standards
- Software: ETAP, DIGSilent
- Languages: Portuguese, Catalan
- Experience on utility scale projects
What we offer in return
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers:
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience containing company mobile phone & subscription, laptop, restaurant tickets (€9) and €50 transport public budget/month.
- Flexible working /Home office.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of almost 30 nationalities.