Renewable Energy Engineer
3E is a leading technology and SaaS company providing digital solutions and expert services that maximise the performance of renewable energy assets. As a trusted data services partner, we deliver future-proof and easy-to-deploy solutions over a project’s entire lifetime, supporting developers, asset managers, operators, investors, EPC contractors and IPP's.
3E's one-stop digital platform SynaptiQ provides a complete range of leading SaaS solutions for development, operational asset management and analytics. In addition, 3E supplies various expert services for engineering, technical and strategic decision support.
3E has a proven track record spanning more than 20 years across 60 countries. It operates an international team of 100+ experts from its headquarters in Brussels and offices in Barcelona, Paris, Toulouse, Cape Town and Chennai.
Strengthened by partnerships with universities and industry pioneers, 3E continues to explore innovations and new developments in renewable energy and digitalisation, striving to provide the industry’s most advanced energy intelligence and AI-based solutions.
What you will be doing
To anchor our leading market position, we are looking for an experienced Solar and/or Wind expert to join our South Africa team. You'll be working across teams while providing technical guidance to our international customers. Physically you'll be working from our office in Cape Town, with the possibility to work a few days a week from home. You will quickly act as main contact towards our customers and take up the end responsibility in delivering consultancy projects. Typical services in which you will be involved are:
- Managing technical due diligence assignments and guiding customers throughout the financial close phase;
- Managing the EPC & O&M tender preparation and following contract negotiations;
- Leading feasibility studies;
- Reviewing overall project design and suggesting potential improvements;
Your tasks will consist of:
- Managing and executing high quality technical advisory works:
- Providing technical input from initial assessment through to technical and economic feasibility
- Reviewing overall project permits and design.
- Reviewing/negotiating key construction contracts
- Supporting Sponsor(s) and Lender(s) throughout the Financial Close process
- Liaising with Legal, Insurance and Financial Advisors
- Assessing technical risks and proposing mitigation strategies to reduce risk over project CAPEX, OPEX and revenues.
- Following up project construction, commissioning and acceptance
- Following up project during the Operational period
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone focused and very organised, a team player ready to support his/her colleagues both in execution and in terms of technical guidance. Dedicated to problem solving and with a strong work ethic, also with abilities for conflict resolution with innovative thinking.
We're looking for you if:
- You have permanent residency in South Africa
- You are fluent in spoken and written English.
- You obtained a Master's degree in engineering or equivalent through experience
- You can show 3-5 years’ experience in the solar and or wind industry, preferably in consultancy with at least 5 years in overall experience in renewable energy
- You have a thorough experience with technical due diligence on solar and/or wind projects, specifically experience with PV EPC, O&M, PPA and Wind turbine contracts review (EPC, WTG supply contract, O&M, PPA) , as Lender’s/ Owner’s technical advisor
- You have experience with technical solar and wind turbine inspections and construction monitoring
- Take part in reviewing of onsite project acceptance testing / commission performed by suppliers;
- You have experience with Solar and Wind resource assessment, and/or financial models is an asset.
- You have strong overall computer skills and the ability to learn multiple software tools.
- You manage multiple jobs simultaneously, on time, budget and quality.
- You have the ability of conveying information in a clear and concise way and adapting your communication style to suit different types of audiences.
- You are available to do short trips in Africa if necessary.
Bonus points for:
- Met mast installation supervision and measurement campaign follow up.
- Driver's license B.
- Fluent in French and/or Portuguese.
What we offer in return
In addition to joining a fast-growing international company that promotes a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers a unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a company/team with an ambitious growth plan, delivering innovative services.
- Salary in line with your level of experience
- Salary package: laptop, medical aid allowance (R.2800), phone allowance (R.740), 18 leave days (24 after 1 year of service), 13th check (prorated, end of year)
- Flexible working hours /Home office.
- An international environment: projects in over 100 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.